So I have 3 accounts total on a single domain. One that is a domain admin, one that is a general server admin, and my day-to-day login account. Interesting issues occur when you run this way. One issue I came across was trying to install the OSD tools on my local SMS Console. My day to day account has administrative privileges to my local machine, but every time I tried installing the OSD tools I would get an error, "This product requires Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 Service Pack 1 or greater" like pictured below:
Pretty much anything I tried, I would get stopped by this error message. I then tried running the install by my server admin account. SUCCESS! It seems that OSD tool installer actually makes a connection to the server to check SP level which I guess can't be pulled down w/ my day to day accounts rights.