One VM out of several thousands became inaccessible via network and vCenter console access (sample pictured below). Other symptoms included:
- Slow vMotion to vMotion just not occurring within the cluster that had that one VM failing.
- VMWare vMotion failure @ 10%
- ScsiCore: 1181: Sync CR (opcode ##) at ### (wid #) <—Error in vmkernel log
- Cannot browse datastore w/ questionable VM from vCenter
- VM Console shows below error when trying to access problem VM.
“Trespass” or “Failover” the LUN w/ the questionable VM to another storage processor (SP). This immediately stopped all errors and all unaffected VM’s on that LUN continued to run while releasing whatever lock was placed on the LUN causing these ‘wonky’ issues.
Other related reading from VMWare: