The great thing about View is it’s simplicity. Add into ThinApp, and you’ve got something awesome. How do I setup ThinApp delivery and provide application level data persistence w/ geologically dispersed View hosted datacenters. Easy.
- View 4.5+
- ThinApp 4.5+
- Some kind of DFS
- Some kind of NAS that does de-duplication.
- Active Directory
- Capture your ThinApp
- Generate a MSI (streaming would be preferred)
- Sandbox Location should point to your DFS share (which is hopefully on a deduplicated lun/nas)
- Path should be something like this:
- This will create a unique sandbox per user and persist their application information even on a non-persistent desktop.
- Project Location is up to you, but I would generally also place this in a DFS share so updates can be replicated easily.