Upgrading to VSI 4.1 is fairly painless if you followed my last post on 3.0.1. You still have to do a couple things for it to work though.
- VSI Installed on server system.
- Reference last post for install instructions. Overall same process.
- Record IP's, username's, and passwords of your array connections.
- Upgrade the version on your server and upgrade the version on your system.
- Follow step 1 on my last post on the server. (This is so your local system can connect to the server's solutions enabler service.)
- Once done, vCenter should show the new EMC VSI icon under 'Solutions and Applications'
Other Optional Components:
There are additional plug-ins that can be installed to allow self-service operations among other things:
- VSI Unified Storage Management
- NaviSphere CLI required for block provisioning
- UniSphere CLI required for VNXe provisioning
- This works in conjunction w/ VMWare SRM.