This plug in adds an extra tab to vCenter that lets you manage your Emulex HBA/UCNA’s. From setting drivers parameters to allowing you to apply firmware updates to your HBA/UCNA card. To do so, you must install the CIM package onto your host and have a server for the Emulex OneCommand Software Plug-in.
- Windows Server VM(suggest 2008 x64 R1 or R2)
- Software Plug-in
- CIM Provider 3.2.x +
- vSphere CLI or vMA <— Needed to remotely install CIM provider bundle
- vCenter 4.1+
You can install the Emulex Software Plug-in on the vCenter server, but I suggest keeping all modules separate from vCenter if possible.
- Run the Software Plug-in installation.
- Install the CIM Provider on all hosts you would like to have onecommand management capabilities.
- Place ESXi server in maintenance mode.
- vCLI command is as follows:
- vihostupdate.pl --server nameofyouresxserver --install --bundle \\path\to\elx-esx4.1.0-emulex-cim-provider-188.8.131.52-offline_bundle-364582.zip
- Enter your root credentials, then reboot when prompted.
I went through this whole setup because I wasn’t able to update the firmware on a OCe10102-FX CNA using the standard OneCommand application. My CNA was running 2.702.200.17 (184.108.40.206) which for some reason caused my vKernel connection to not talk. Upgrading to 2.703.397.13 (2.103.397.13) fixed this issue.