Some things people have asked me for clarification:
- We are using Mac Mini 'Server' versions. These have two drives by default.
- You can get a kit to add a second drive to the standard mac mini version.
- Mgmt and VM traffic flows over Standard vSwitch0 (Onboard as Uplink)
- vSAN and vMotion flows over dVS (Thunderbolt as Uplink)
- Onboard 1Gb and Thunderbolt 1Gb adapter
- Booting to USB thumb drive plugged into the back of the Mac Mini w/ ESXi.
- vCenter is a vCSA built and running on another vCenter instance.