In particular, the thought it was my dock preferences, but I had to delete my everything under my user's ~/Library/Preferences to get my account back and working properly. You should have only to do the following:
Delete ~/Library/Application Support/Dock
Here is screenshot by screenshot on how to do this:
- Select Go --> Go to Folder... in the Finder Menu
- In the Go to Folder... Pop-Up enter "~/Library" as shown in the screenshot below.
- It is case-sensitive so L must be capitalized. (May not be the case)
- The ~ symbol stands for /Users/Current_Logged_In_UserName/
- In the Library folder, expand "Application Support" and delete the "Dock" Folder.
- In the Library folder, expand "Preferences" and delete the com.apple.dock.plist
- Logout and Log back in.
- If the problems persist, reboot.
- If they still continue, then you may need to delete everything under the "Preferences" folder.
- If the last one is attempted, you will lose all your user preferences. If you are ok with that, then go for it.