Assuming permissions are correct, this occurred in my environment, but unsure as to why. Regardless, this is a script you can use to re-register multiple templates to your vCenter's inventory.
It will simply get a list of templates, their folder location, host, etc, remove it from inventory and re-add it back exactly where it was. This is in relation to KB2037005
VMware is opening applications to participate in their vSphere Beta Program to anyone who has 5.5 and/or 6.0 deployed in their environments. Even if partially.
There are quite a number of expectations so be prepared to really engage w/ VMware:
- Online acceptance of the Master Software Beta Test Agreement will be required prior to visiting the Private Beta Community
- Install beta software of receiving access to the beta product
- Provide feedback within the first 4 weeks of the beta program
- Submit Support Requests for bugs, issues and feature requests
- Complete surveys and beta test assignments
- Participate in the private beta discussion forum and conference calls
- Receive early access to the vSphere Beta products
- Interact with the vSphere Beta team consisting of Product Managers, Engineers, Technical Support, and Technical Writers
- Provide direct input on product functionality, configurability, usability, and performance
- Provide feedback influencing future products, training, documentation, and services
- Collaborate with other participants, learn about their use cases, and share advice and learnings
Sign up here: