Posts

Showing posts from November, 2013

VMware vCenter Storage Monitoring Service - Provider sync failed

Summary:
This error appears to be benign, but what I found interesting was that there really wasn't an article on how to correct this error.

Resolution:
Simply restart the VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices.


Find out Frame and LUN ID for VM RDM's from a Symmetrix/vMax Array.

Summary:
I was looking for a way to translate RDM info into a simple frame and SCSI ID.  I took my Naa.ID script and modified to look @ it in this way.  RDM's are needed for EMC based management tools, that's pretty much the only reason I use RDM's.

Usage:

Save the below script as a .psm1 file.Import-Module Convert-LUNUuidToVMaxFrameandDeviceId.psm1 file (I happened to name my psm1 file the same as the function name.  You can name it differently if you want.)Convert-LUNUuidToVmaxFrameAndDeviceId #############################This'll return a Frame and Device value written to screen.Below you can see how to get the LUNUUid info and how you batch the info.

Script:


# Batch scripting information #$TVM = Get-VM #$Devices = $TVM.extensiondata.config.hardware.device #$DeviceBacking = @() #foreach ($device in $devices) {$devicebacking += $device.backing} #$devicebacking = $devicebacking | where {$_.lunuuid -ne $null} #foreach ($device in $devicebacking){Convert-LUNUuidToVMaxFramea…