I wanted to test the SCOM adapter in vCOPs to see what data I could get and see how it could be used. Unfortunately, the VMware video demonstrating it's installation did not work for me without some tweaks.
vCOPs 5.7.1 (vApp)
SCOM Adapter Build 1036195
Installing the Adapter:
- Log into your vCOPs admin page (Usually https://vcopsServer/admin)
- Select the Update tab and upload the 'pak' file
- Accept the EULA, wait.
- Pretty much the same as updating vCOPs @ this point.
- If you setup LDAP and made your account an admin, you're good. Otherwise, you can login as the same admin account as the admin page.
- If it's not there, you may need to restart vCOPs services.
SCOM Adapter PreReqs:
- SQL Account w/ dataread role access to the SCOM database.
- Windows account "MAY" work, but there may be a syntax problem. I still need to test this more.
Configure Adapter Instance:
- At this point, watching the video would probably be easier than me typing it out w/ screenshots.
- If it works, GREAT! If not, follow these next steps.
- SSH into the UI VM.
- Use VI to edit the scom.properties file.
- vi $ALIVE_BASE/user/plugins/inbound/msscom_adapter3/conf/scom.properties
- Click here if you need info on how to use VI.
- The line you need to change is jdbcDriver=jtds to jdbcDriver=sqljdbc
- Save your changes and now SSH into the Analytics VM and start @ step 4.
- Once done, try configuring the adapter again. Hopefully this solves your problem. It certainly solved mine.