Turbonomic: Network keeps dying when using static IP...
Deployed a new Turbonomic OVA 5.8.3 for some testing. Logged into appliance via console, ran 'ipsetup' as instructed w/ 'static' selected. VM stayed online for about 5 min. before dying.
- Assuming DHCP is not an option, you simply need to change the 'bootpromo' entry from 'static' to 'none' in the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 configuration file.
- You may also need to kill the dhcp client via killing network manager
- systemctl stop NetworkManager
- chkconfig NetworkManager off
- "NetworkManager" is case sensitive
- systemctl restart network
- You can utilize nmtui to modify system eth0 configuration.
- If issues persist, utilize above steps.
At some point it was likely that Turbonomic upgraded their OS instance, but failed to take into account a change in the OS' option 'static' being no longer a valid value and has been replaced w/ 'none'. Seems to affect newer versions of linux OS'. This will likely be fixed sooner rather than later. Also Network Manager's DHCP client seems to start because of network manager and kill what existing config there is.