0x8004100f Provider Load Failure (WMI)
This post is a little more technical than most, but I felt it important to post this because I could not find anything online to help me fix it. I would get this error when trying to pull up instances of the Win32_NetworkAdapter. To trace the problem I used this notification query string in WBEMTEST and asynchronously:
'Select * From MSFT_WmiSelfEvent'
Once run, I then repeated the error, and found an error occurred from a provider called BRCMGroup.
In short, all I had to do was uninstall a Broadcom provided CIM from add/remove programs (Broadcom Drivers and Management Pack, I removed CIM only). I hope this will help anyone out there dreading the idea of rebuilding their WMI repository.
UPDATE: My colleague has a more in-depth explanation of how to address this type of problem. Click here to read the entry related to my post.
Posted by Chris Nakagaki